Gaelyk 1.2 is out!
For the impatient, you'll be able to find the new JAR and Template Project here, as well as the changelog: http://gaelyk.appspot.com/download
You'll notice that the new template project uses Twitter Bootstrap now, to make it a bit fancier and nicer on the eye!
We also upgraded to the latest and greatest of Groovy and App Engine's SDK.
In terms of new features, I'd like to particularly highlight:
- the gradle gaelyk plugin offers pre-compilation of groovlets and templates for faster startup times
- the integration of the search service with some nice syntax sugar for simplifying its usage
- the binary plugins feature
- the @Entity transform to add datastore CRUD operations to your Groovy classes
- the new geo variables in the binding to know where your users are coming from
- and a few other improvements and fixes
Have fun with Gaelyk!
And we're looking forward to hearing about your feedback and experience with this new release.